…Engage the world with the love of Jesus Christ!
Immanuel Lutheran Church & Schools have many opportunities for you to engage our community and world with the love of Jesus Christ. Listed below are some of the ministries in which you are invited to participate. For contact information or more details on how you can get involved, email the church office at email@example.com
Immanuel engages our homeless community in many levels: on the street ministry, connecting our homeless friends to resourcing, and assisting families to transition out of homelessness.
- Feed Riverside: Dinner Immanuel members actively participate in the weekly Sunday Night Hot Meals program at Calvary Presbyterian where a hot meal is served, access to a clothes closet is provided, and monthly visits by the Medical and Dental Vans service our community.
King Hall: Guest Chef for Veterans We assist the transitional living facility located on March Air Reserve Base by providing a meal for all of its residents on the second Monday of each month. This facility houses many vets working out of poverty and resources them so that they can provide for themselves in a sustainable lifestyle.
- Habitat for Humanity Immanuel partners with Habitat for Humanity in many different opportunities for service. We’ve recently completed our latest build for a retired veteran and his family. We regularly team up with Habitat’s Brush with Kindness team where, most recently, we repainted the outside of a single mom’s trailer home.
- Foster Care Support Throughout the year we support our local foster youth and emancipated minors by meeting some personal requests, celebrating foster families at appreciation picnics, adopting youth and emancipated minors for Christmas, and leading a weekend long camp during the summer.
- Baptism Every student in our school knows what it means to be joined with Christ through the power of the WORD working with water.
All Schools Outreach Each quarter we focus our outreach efforts on a large campaign to engage the world with the love of Jesus Christ. This year:
- Quarter 1: Operation Christmas Child
- Quarter 2: Lutheran Hour Ministries (including an online mission trip to Kenya – January 27-30)
- Quarter 3: Mission India
- Quarter 4: Path of Life Ministries
Every Student Outreach Each class selects an outreach activity that benefits our immediate community or children around the world.
We plan many engage events throughout the year. These are large outreach efforts that incorporate as many Immanuel members as possible in free events that show that because Jesus loves our neighbors, we can too!
- Last Engage Event: Serve Riverside Sunday. February 8, 2015. We altered our worship schedule, had only one service, and then commissioned our members to spend their Sunday morning out at designated service areas of the city. We’ve done yard work at foster homes, labeled over 200 granola bars with resource info for the homeless, turned pillow cases into dresses to be sent to Haiti, and wrote letters of encouragement to soldiers and missionaries.
Next Engage Event: Trunk or Treat. Oct 31, 2015; 5-7pm. Immanuel family members provide a safe and fun alternative to trick or treating on our campus. We have bounce houses, free food, plenty of trunks that hand our treats, a cake walk, and other fun activities for trunk or treaters.
As we live out Immanuel’s mission to engage the world with the love of Jesus Christ, we continue a partnership with the mission group Mission:Haiti.
- Fundraising We continue to raise funds for Mission:Haiti to meet the needs as expressed by the Haitian people with whom we partner. So far, our funding has paid to teach and empower local Haitians to build a multi-use hangar called St. Vincent’s. One of these uses will be as a worship facility.
Material Goods Drives As people abundantly blessed, we are able to share that blessing with others. We have had Church & Schools wide campaigns for pillowcases (which Immanuelites have sewn into dresses), shoes, and underwear. All of these are real needs expressed by local Haitians with whom we partner.
Missionaries to Haiti This year Immanuel will send its second mission team to Haiti to assist in construction, medical, and orphanage related outreach. Appx. Cost per person is $2,500. If you are interested in going, supporting by prayer or finances, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.